Saturday, March 7, 2009

Proverbs

Ive really been reading proverbs lately. They always definitely reminded me of a great many things that i usually don't think about. The differences between the wise and the wicked always blow me away. Every time i read the dang book God reminds me of so many things. Its like a du-huh Caleb! WAKE UP DUDE! The specific course my life is taking at the moment is one of repentance, learning, and healing, but so awesome.

Repentance, because of all the stupid things i do on a daily basis. Little things seem to add up really quickly (sometimes slower) and create a snowball effect. One bad choice can turn into a whole chain. A year later you can wake up, bottom out, and wonder what happened. What is the secret? I now believe it's diligence. A steady and daily walk in wise counsel is the only way to avoid huge disasters. All the people who figured this out already think this is a no brainier, but for some slower people like myself, i never really understood completely why every day is a daily walk. I always knew it was what i was supposed to do, i always heard sermons about how and why, but it obviously never sunk in my hard headed skull. Holy cows and holy God, it finally clicked. I keep thinking to my self, "ommg," and i cant stop! i just cant believe the stinking revelation. (oh my midget gangster)

Next, learning, because of all the stuff God has beamed into my thick skull lately. I'm pretty grateful actually. One important think Ive learned lately is to appreciate my friends and family. Appreciation for other human beings is so key for the life God has called us to live. When you don't appreciate someone, they reallllly don't like it. Its also totally not fair to those people. No one deserves to be unappreciated, especially when God has created them. We are all His children. Who wants to be friends!? I promise ill be a good one!

Lastly, healing, because i have desperately been in need of it but i didnt give it to God to work on for me. I thought i could do it myself. (stupid idea lol) For so long now, ive needed God to heal me of the wounds ive inflicted on myself. Addictions, laziness, my greed of material things, my pride and ego, my envy of what others have, my self-centeredness, and my anger issues. You name it. I feel like my brain shut off for a while. Its really an encouraging thing to me that God has already judged me righteous. That word has really become my peace.

Man, there are soooo many different ideas i want to write out, but when it comes to show time, i cant remebmer what i want to say! Good thing internet doesnt have a post limit.

Every day is a journey. We're all on different journeys and different places in that journey, yet we mix with everybody else on their individual journeys at the same time. Thats crazy to think about. Its one of those massive things we ponder sometimes like how big the universe is. Anywho, God is good and i want to thank him for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment